Closed captions can be enabled and used for attendees to easily follow the conversations or to meet accessibility requirements.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Enable Closed caption (CC) for a live session:
Step 1: Join an Airmeet event from your desktop/laptop.
Step 2: Enter a Live session.
Step 3: At the bottom of the stage screen,
Click on the [CC] button to turn on the closed captions. The transcribed text and the speaker's name will be displayed.
To turn off the closed captions, click the [CC] button again.
Note: Closed Captions are turned off by default and need to enable manually by every participant.
2. Things to keep in mind:
- Closed Captions are not available to the Host or Co-Host.
- Closed Captions are turned off by default and need to enable manually.
- The maximum number of lines that can be shown:
If only the speaker is speaking, a maximum of 3 lines.
The most recent two speakers will be shown if there are multiple speakers.
For the first speaker, one line, and for the second speaker, two lines (at max).
- Closed Captions are currently available in the English language only.
- Closed Captions are not supported on lite mode, mobile, and iPad applications.
- Closed Captions work well with Screen Sharing and Stage Backdrop if applied.
- Closed Captions doesn't support any Pre-Recorded videos played & RTMP-based sessions.
- Closed Captions are not recorded and won’t appear when the recording plays.
- The transcript for closed captions is not available currently.