TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Overview
- 2. How to clear cache memory on various browsers supported by Airmeet.
The cache should be cleared regularly for several reasons. First, depending on your settings, the cache can grow quite big and use a lot of disk space on your computer.
If the browser doesn't load the new version of the site, even if there have been changes since the last visit, the cache can cause issues with the view. The website might look like it has not been fully loaded or is wrongly formatted. Maybe you have already wondered why a website is showing outdated content, despite being updated.
That's probably because of the cache. Sometimes data, which is stored in the cache, prohibits loading up-to-date contents. The new version can be retrieved when you delete the stored cache data.
2. How to clear cache memory on various browsers supported by Airmeet.
a. Google Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on 3-dots.
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select all time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Read more in detail about clearing cache & cookies on the Google Chrome browser.
b. Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button and select Settings.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data….
- Remove the checkmark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- For more information about managing site data, see Manage local site storage settings.
- With the Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about: preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Read more in detail about clearing the cache on the Mozilla Firefox browser.
c. Brave Browser
- Click on the Menu icon in the top right, and go to Settings
- Go to Additional settings → Privacy and Security → Clear browsing data
- A quicker way to get to this page would be to enter brave://settings/clearBrowserData into your address bar.
- See Advanced for a breakdown of the data you can clear.
- Deselect Browsing history and Cached files (if you only want to clear cookies)
- Click Clear data.
Read more in detail about clearing the cache on the Brave browser.
d. Edge Browser
Open Microsoft Edge, select Menu (3 dots icon on the top right corner of the browser) > Settings > Privacy & services.
Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
Select the "Cached images and files" and "Cookies and other site data" check box and select Clear.
Read more in detail about clearing the cache on the Edge browser.
e. Safari Browser
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Preferences (Mac) or Options (PC).
- Click Privacy in the left menu bar.
- Click Clear Your Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; select everything to clear your entire cache.
- Click the down arrow next to "Details" to choose which elements of the history to clear.
- Select Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache, and Active Logins
- Click Clear Now.
Watch more in detail about clearing the cache on the Safari browser.
Need more help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our 24*7 Support Lounge.
Want to brainstorm and connect with other Airmeet Users and Event Professionals from around the world? Fill in the form to Join our community on Slack.