Airmeet works with all the top known browser available and works greats on a chrome browser; with that, Safari browser has been an addition to our list of supported browsers.
Safari browser, as stated has some compatibility issue which the participants can face while access Airmeet on their devices, some known limitations are as follows.
- Safari browser above macOS 14 is supported on Airmeet.
- Safari browser installed on Windows is not supported
Safari browser, if installed on a windows laptop/desktop, would not support Airmeet access fully and may show some unexpected behaviour while using the same.,
- Safari 11 only supports the video resolution of 480P and higher.
- Safari 12.1 or earlier only supports the H.264 codec.
- On Safari 13, users may not be able to hear other users.
- Safari does not support enabling dual-stream mode (transmits a high-quality and a low-quality video stream from the sender )
The user might face audio stuttering while accessing the Airmeet from the above iOS versions.
Try refreshing the page in case the issue occurs.
- Audio crackling issues on safari (Can’t hear or see anyone after Big Sur update)
Due to the macOS Big Sur update, many audio issues are being faced while accessing the platform.
The other party can listen to the user just fine. However, the voices from the other side are incomprehensible due to staticky/crackling audio. However, a few users observed that the issue disappears on its own after 10-15 minutes, following which the static clears.
- Input level deficient while safari has access to a microphone
The input volume seems to go WAY down. The Input volume slider doesn't change in the Sound Input system preference, but the "Input level" indicator of what's being captured barely hits the first mark at the same volume level I was using before the audio was hitting 75% of the range.
- Multiple screens are not supported during screen sharing
If you are using more than 1 external screen and wanted to share the second screen, the safari browser won't allow you to do so while using Airmeet.
- Unable to share screen
Screensharing is blocked by default for few devices and won't allow you to share a screen.
To resolve this, kindly enable screen sharing permission if an error occurs while clicking the on-screen share button.
Refer to this article to understand how to provide permission to share your screen:
How to share Screen in Mac OS in Airmeet?
Airmeet team is contionously working to resolve the above issues as soon as possible, meanwhile for best experience you can use Google chrome which works well with Airmeet.