TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. What is Speed Networking?
- 2. How to add Speed Networking as a networking session?
- 3. How to start a Speed Networking session?
- 4. How does speed networking work?
- 5. Key Points
- 6. Points to keep in mind
Important Note: Airmeets created before 22 July 2021 won't get the Speed Networking session type option under the schedule tab and will be only available in the social lounge.
1. What is Speed Networking?
Speed Networking allows the event participants to network with each other within the given timeframe set by the event organizer.
Attendees get matched one-on-one for quick 5-minute conversations.
2. How to add Speed Networking as a networking session?
Step 1: Go to your Event Dashboard and select the "Schedule" tab from the left panel.
Step 2: Click on "Add an activity" and select "Speed Networking".
Step 3: Fill in the following details for your "Speed Networking" session
- Session name - Enter a name for your session.
- Session date, Start time & Duration - Enter the session date, time & duration on how long this session is in minutes.
- Tags - By adding tags, you can help the attendee to find their preferred session quickly.
- Session description - Add more details about this item for better clarity to attendees.
Step 4: After filling in all the details, don't forget to click on the "Save" button.
3. How to start a Speed Networking session?
On the day of your event, the event organizer can start the Speed Networking session from the schedule section of your event.
The event organizer can also join it and end it when it's time.
4. How does speed networking work?
Once the event organizer starts the "Speed Networking session", the participants will get a notification for the same. Then, they can choose to join it or dismiss it.
All the participants will get matched one-on-one for quick 5-minute conversations with other participants in a random manner.
5. Key Points
- On joining, you will be matched with the next available participant.
- You will see a flashing 30 seconds timer when the current meeting is about to end.
- Use the chatbox to exchange contact details.
- After the end of the meeting, you will be matched with the next available participant.
6. Points to keep in mind
- The event organizers can only start and stop the networking session.
- Speed networking is run for 5 mins by default for participants.
- As an organizer, you can't restart the session once marked ended.
- Airmeets created before 22 July 2021 won't see the Speed networking session type under the schedule tab and will be available in the social lounge.