TABLE OF CONTENTS
The session host is the pilot who has all the controls over the session. Here’s how you can host a highly interactive live session at Airmeet.
After entering the event, the host will see the "Go backstage" option for their mapped session and get access to interact with other speakers and co-hosts at the virtual backstage.
Note: Speakers and co-hosts can join backstage even if the host is not available.
If everything looks good, a host can start the session by clicking on the "Start Session" button.
When a host hits the ‘Start Session’ button, a countdown of 10 seconds runs before you go live to make speakers and attendees prepare for the session.
When you’re live, the session controls change, and this is what it looks like.
Host & Co-host for a session can't leave stage once the session is live in - Social Webinar
Host & Co-host for a session can leave stage once the session is live in - Conference Format
2. Live Stage Controls (Top)
Leave Stage - The host and speakers can leave the live stage using the arrow on the top left side. (Only in Conference Format)
Session Status - It shows if the session is live or paused.
Live Session Timer - It shows the session timing in minutes and seconds.
Session Name - It shows the name of the session that is currently live.
Session Attendee Number - It shows the number of attendees present in the live session.
REC - If the session recording is enabled then the red REC indicator is shown.
Live streaming indicator: Whenever the session is being streamed out to Youtube, Facebook, or any other platform via RTMP then the indicator is being shown to the session host & co-host.
Pause Session - During any time of the broadcast, the host can take a break by selecting the "Pause Session" option, and then resume the session afterward.
End Session - Once the session is complete, the host can end the session by clicking the End Session button.
Resume Session - The host can resume the session once back from the break.
3. Live Stage Controls (Bottom)
The live stage bottom controls are as follows (Left to Right):
- Speaker Chat: The speaker and host can use this chatbox to privately chat on the stage without involving the attendees.
- Hide from/Show on the stage: This button will display the list of speakers and hosts on the stage and allows to hide/show hosts/speakers on the stage.
- Video: Turn on/off your video.
- Mic: Turn on/off your microphone.
- Screenshare: Share your screen to display your content. You can also choose to share PDFs.
- Reactions: Click the emoji button at the bottom to show your gesture or response during the live session. (Visible to the Host Speaker(s) & Attendees.) You can also type in 1,2,3,4,5 to shower the stage with emojis.
- Manage Co-hosts: You can change your co-hosts on the live stage by clicking on the 3-dot icon. The event managers and the speakers present on the live stage can be made co-hosts.
Read about: What is a Co-host feature and how to add a co-host to the Airmeet event?
- Update Stage Backdrop: You can update/remove your backstage on the live stage by clicking on the 3-dot icon.
Read about: How to add Stage Backdrop in Airmeet sessions?
- Audio & video settings (3 dots): As a host, you can change your camera and mic input according to your preference.
- Adjust Resolution: As a host, you can adjust your resolution to HD & LD if you are in a low internet area or not getting sufficient bandwidth.
Note: Other speakers and co-hosts would be able to see you in HD even if you're on LD mode.
4. Live Stage Controls (Right-hand side)
Note: The RHS features such as chats, Q&As, polls, etc. is available before the Event starts will be available on preview mode for quick setup, dry runs and rehearsals.
- Raise hand: Attendees can raise a hand and come onto the stage to interact with other speakers and hosts. Find the list of the attendee to go upon the stage. As a host, you can pull them up by clicking on "Hand a mic."
Read about: What is “Raise Hand” and how to use it?
- Videos: Play pre-recorded video for your audience during the session is live.
Read about: Guide to go live with Pre-recorded videos on Airmeet session
- Activities: You can integrate Donorbox for collecting donations during the event. You can also integrate Kahoot for fun and interactive session games and quizzes.
Integrate Airmeet with Kahoot!
Integrate Airmeet with Donorbox
- Chats: All session chats are displayed over here. As a host, you can remove any unwanted chat and "PIN" the message according to your preferences.
- Q&A: Find all the questions sent by attendees. Host/co-host can mark any question 'Marked as answered' and take action like 'Report,' 'Remove question,' & 'Block user' in case of discrepancies.
Read more: How to moderate questions for a session?
- People in Session: Find the list of attendees attending the session, and as a host, you can pull them up on stage by inviting them on the stage.
- Invite to Stage: Select the person you want to invite. You can also type in their name to find them. Hover over the chosen speaker’s profile and click on the “Invite to Stage” option.
Once the person accepts your invitation, they will be on the stage and get a speaker tag.
Hover your cursor over the speaker’s profile.
Click on the “Remove from the stage” button to remove the person from the stage.
- Session Polls: Create and publish the polls to engage your audience and interact with them with various opinions and suggestions.
Read about: Create and publish Polls in Airmeet Events
- Hide Panel: You can collapse the RHS panel by clicking on this arrow.
5. On-Stage Controls
- Turn off audio/video: As a host, you can turn off the video of any speaker on stage and mute them if required. Just hover towards their feed and click the required option.
- Pin speaker: The host can pin the keynote speaker whenever something important conversation is happening.
Hover your cursor over the screen of the speaker who you want to put in focus. Click on the Pin icon to keep him in and out of focus.
Note: While a stage backdrop is used you can only pin up to 4 speakers/hosts at a time. Rest all would be shown on the right-hand side in a linear layout.
- Leave an ongoing session (Conference Format)
As a host you can leave an ongoing session and join back again, while joining back you would be on the hidden mode by default.
6. Technical Instruction for a Host/Co-host
- Join using a laptop or desktop on Airmeet
- Use Chrome browser with version 79 or later (recommended)
- Don't forget to enable the mic/camera while joining the event.
- Disable VPN/ Firewall settings (In case of using an official laptop).
- Please have a stable and good internet connection. If possible, sit nearby to a wifi router to avoid hindrance in between your network.
7. Troubleshooting Tip
In case the browser gets hanged for some reason, kindly refresh/restart the browser, and ensure no other video conferencing tools are active in other tabs.
1. How many speakers can join the stage/backstage?
Airmeet can host up to 10 speakers per session (However, we recommend a maximum of 8 speakers/session for the best live feed experience), and 1 host & 2 co-hosts on stage.
An attendee can join the stage by raising the hand one after the other if 10 speakers are already there on stage.
Multiple participants can raise their hands and can be accepted by the host.
Note: Participants can join depending upon the stage speaker limit.
On session backstage, apart from the limit mentioned above, the community manager & event manager (team members) can also join backstage for a quick catch-up until the session is not live and would be pushed out as soon as the session begins.
Note: The above condition only applies if the community manager & event manager (team members) are not mapped as a host/co-host for a particular session.
It is recommended not to have more than 10 participants at backstage/stage to have a smooth experience.
2. Can speakers also take a break and end the session?
Pause Session & End Session controls are visible only to the host/co-host.
3. How to remove speakers from the stage?
As a host, you can't remove the map speaker from the stage. Only attendees on stage via invite to the stage and raised hand can be removed by the host/co-host.
Need more help? Contact email@example.com or visit our 24*7 Support Lounge.
Want to brainstorm and connect with other Airmeet Users and Event Professionals from around the world? Fill in the form to Join our community on Slack.