The following Article is applicable incase you want to stream an unlisted/private streaming and need to share the link in advance with your viewers.
For Going Live directly kindly refer to the "How to stream Airmeet events on YouTube?" article.
Airmeet Community & Event
Youtube Channel with live streaming enabled.
Enable live streaming on your Youtube channel: Get Started With Youtube Live Streaming
Custom RTMP streaming can be done from the event level in Airmeet in the case of Youtube. Kindly follow the steps below:
Step 1: Select the Airmeet event where you want to stream your sessions and go to the dashboard of that event and click on "Live stream" from the left-hand side.
Step 2: Sidewise Open https://www.youtube.com/ on the other tab.
Step 3: Click on the video camera icon from the top right side of the page and choose Go Live.
Step 4: After clicking on the "Go live" button, you will land upon the "Manage tab" section of the youtube broadcast, click on "Schedule stream" on the top right side of the manage page, and select the "Create New" option.
Once clicked on Create New, a form pops up, please fill in the required details.
The Details filled up on the below form are what your viewers will see once you go live.
- Create a title: Stream title
- View: Select Public, Unlisted or Private according to your preferences.
- Add a description: Add a brief about your stream which viewers can have a look to set the context.
- Date & Time: Choose the streaming date & time according to your agenda.
- Upload thumbnail: Upload a thumbnail if any which would be the first dream of your video before going live.
Step 5: Click on "Create Stream", you will eventually end up on Youtube Studio and begin with technical stream setup settings.
Please follow the following Stream setup settings:
- Enable Auto-Start: Toggle it on, so that the streams start automatically once the Airmeet session is live.
- Enable Auto-Stop: Toggle it off, so that the streams don't stop in case of any technical glitch or during a short break of fewer than 2 minutes.
- Copy Streaming Key: Create a new streaming key by clicking on Select Stream Key Option. Click on Create new stream key > Copy the created key and paste it on Airmeet.
- Copy Streaming URL: Copy the given streaming URL and paste it on Airmeet as well.
- Ultra-low latency: Choose ultra-low latency to prevent any lag on the live stream.
Step 6: Go back to your Airmeet event dashboard and click on “Live Stream” on the left side and click on “Add stream destination”.
Step 7: Click on “+Add New” and select “Custom RTMP”.
Step 8: Paste the mandatory RTMP details like Stream URL, Stream key, Live Stream Page URL, and Destination Nickname copied from Youtube (refer to Step 5) and press "Next".
Step 9: Select the session which you want to go live, once all the setup is done click on “Add custom RTMP” and you're good to go.
Step 10: Once the session goes live your stream will start automatically, Go back to the Youtube studio dashboard & verify your streaming on the preview screen.
After all the streaming is done, please go back to YouTube and click End Stream from the top right corner (manually) to stop streaming in YouTube.
NOTE: The maximum limit for Youtube live streaming is 12 hours/Session & It is recommended to not take a break for more than 2 mins while the session is live.
Points to keep in mind:
- In Airmeet while selecting the sessions to live stream on YouTube, you will not be allowed to choose the same sessions for the same.
- Stream resolution for any session stream into Youtube is a maximum of 720p.
- For every parallel session, you need to schedule a different stream and then go live simultaneously.
- If you select the "Take a break" option while the stream is on a few things need to be taken care of.
- YouTube will show the black screen to viewers.
- if the break gets extended for more than 5 mins the stream will get stopped and a new Stream key and Stream URL needs to be created and update on the dashboard.
- If the session got ended by the host the YouTube stream will stop and need to regenerate the Stream key & Stream URL in that case.
Recommended to not take a break while the session is being streamed to any platform.