TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Use cases
- 1. Overview
- 2. Create an event on Eventbrite
- 3. Connect Airmeet account to Eventbrite account
- 3.1. Creating Eventbrite Private Token
- 4. Connect an Airmeet Event with an Eventbrite Event
- 5. What happens when a participant registers on Eventbrite?
- 6. Points to keep in mind
- 7. Known Limitations
- 8. FAQ’s
- 9. Eventbrite Resource Hub
Easily sync Eventbrite event registrations to an Airmeet. Select the event whose participants you'd like to include in an Airmeet, and following that, all the future participants will be added to Airmeet automatically.
Create an Eventbrite event.
Enter the Eventbrite Private Token to connect with your Eventbrite account
Visit the Airmeet Integrations page and enable Eventbrite
Select the event you wish to connect to that Airmeet, and you're set
Let’s read about the above steps in detail:
2. Create an event on Eventbrite
Create an event to sell tickets on your website and social channels with Eventbrite.
First, choose to host your event online or at a live location.
Second, add an image and a description of your event.
And the last step is to choose needed information to be collected from your attendees before publishing your event.
Log in to your Eventbrite account and click "Create event" to start.
To understand creating an Eventbrite event in detail, kindly refer to the below link :
3. Connect Airmeet account to Eventbrite account
Once the Eventbrite event and Airmeet event are created, sync data between both platforms.
Adding at Airmeet Community Level
Step 1: Go to the community dashboard and click on the “Integrations” tab.
Step 2: Go to the “Apps” tab and under the Eventbrite, click on the “Add“ button.
Step 3: After clicking on Add button, Enter Eventbrite private token, which technically connects both the platforms through an automatic secure authorization.
3.1. Creating Eventbrite Private Token
To create a private token on Eventbrite, kindly follow the below process.
a) After login into your Eventbrite account, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/myaccount/apps/
(Profile > Account settings > Developer Links > API Keys)
b) Click on the “Create API key” to generate a private token.
c) Fill up the following details :
Enter your First Name, Last Name & Company Name.
- Application URL: Enter your Airmeet event link or enter https://www.airmeet.com/ if the event has not been created.
- Application Name: Type in your Airmeet event name or write “Airmeet” if the event is not created.
- Description: Type in a short description of your event.
d) Click on “Create Key” to generate an API key.
e) After generating the API key, copy the “Private token” under the “keys” section.
Step 4: Enter the Eventbrite Private Token to connect the Airmeet community with your Eventbrite event.
4. Connect an Airmeet Event with an Eventbrite Event
After connecting your Eventbrite event with the Airmeet community, you have to enable the integration for your particular event.
Step 1: Go to the event dashboard, click on the “Settings” tab, and then select the "Integrations" section on the left-hand side.
Step 2: Look for the “Eventbrite” tab and toggle the button towards the right.
Select your Eventbrite organization & Eventbrite event from the list to synchronize the event audience and click the “Save" button.
Disclaimer: Enabling integration will allow both Airmeet and added integration service to send automated emails to registered attendees.
Ensure that the Airmeet Entry Rules are set as desired. While all available options can be used, if you want to limit access to participants added from Eventbrite, we recommend selecting 'Only people who are invited can enter.'
5. What happens when a participant registers on Eventbrite?
As soon as participants register for an event on Eventbrite, an automated 'unique link' will be sent to the same email id used while registering for the Eventbrite event from Airmeet.
As an organizer, you can download the list of participants and send them the 'unique link' if requested.
Reference Article: Download registration details of participants for your event.
6. Points to keep in mind
- Only the participants' Names, Emails, Organization, and Designation will be added to Airmeet. Custom Fields cannot be added.
- Participants registered on Eventbrite before enabling integration for an event will not be added automatically. You have to export from Eventbrite and upload a CSV file in Airmeet to add participants.
Reference Article: Upload a list of authorized attendees for an Airmeet event
- Ensure that the Airmeet Entry Rules are set as desired. While all available options can be used, if you want to limit access to participants added from Eventbrite, we recommend selecting 'Only people who are invited can enter'.
Event Dashboard > Registrations Tab > Registration Forms > Edit > Select "Only people who are invited can enter".
Reference Article: Set up event entry rules for attendees
- Not sharing the event links recommended in case integration is enabled with other participants. It would allow the participants to bypass the unique link and enter the event after logging in.
- Airmeet sends an automated email with a unique link to participants upon registration and as an organizer, you can't resend the mail. However, you can download the list of participants and send the unique entry link of a particular participant personally.
Event Dashboard > Registrations Tab > Participants List > Download List
- Airmeet supports the group ticket feature of Eventbrite. If an Eventbrite order has multiple people listed, we issue an invite for each of the people.
7. Known Limitations
- Organizers to keep a check on the registered participant’s limits on Airmeet from the event dashboard as a notification would only be sent when the limit reaches 90% & 100%.
- An attendee would be able to purchase the ticket (via Airmeet ticketing) with the same email id for which they have purchased a ticket on Eventbrite.
- In case of an Airmeet ticketed event, if an attendee reaches out to the event landing page and clicks on the "I have a ticket" button the automated email with a link would not be sent.
Participants have to use the unique link sent from Airmeet while registering on Eventbrite only
How do I sync participants who have already registered on Eventbrite?
To sync or add already registered participants to your Airmeet event, kindly follow the following steps:
a) Export CSV from Eventbrite and filter out the name & email addresses of participants.
Reference Article: Export attendee summary report
b) Go to your Airmeet event and upload CSV and send them the event link
Reference Article: Upload attendee details
What information does Airmeet receive from Eventbrite?
Airmeet receives registration details like name & email address.
What happens if I disconnect?
As soon as you disconnect, the registration details stop syncing with the Airmeet registration list, and all those already registered will get access to the event.
How will participants get the Airmeet event link?
When participants register on Eventbrite, they receive a unique link via email from Airmeet, which will have seamless access to the event.
- Can attendees purchase group tickets on Eventbrite? How will the links be sent in that case?
Airmeet supports the group ticket feature of Eventbrite. If an Eventbrite order has multiple people listed, we send an invitation for each of the people.
9. Eventbrite Resource Hub
- Eventbrite’s fees - https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/how-much-does-it-cost-for-organizers-to-use-eventbrite?lg=en_US
- Payment processing options for your ticket sales - https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/comparing-payment-processing-options?lg=en_US