TABLE OF CONTENTS
Seamlessly sync your participants with Mailchimp.
Easily sync Airmeet event registrations to a Mailchimp Audience. Select the audience where you'd like to include your Airmeet registrations, and then all future registrations will automatically be added to the Mailchimp Audience. The contacts added to Mailchimp will be tagged with your event name. The participant’s direct access link will also be added to a MERGE field.
- Connect with your Mailchimp account.
- Visit the Airmeet Integrations page and enable Mailchimp.
- You're set to select the audience you wish to connect to that Airmeet.
- Sync the participant’s direct access link to your contact.
- Select the additional registration fields to sync with Mailchimp.
What happens when a participant registers on Airmeet when integration is enabled?
The registrant's details are added to Audience as soon as participants register for an event on Airmeet where Mailchimp has been enabled and mapped to a Mailchimp audience. With that, on Mailchimp, you can send customized emails to your registrants.
Let’s read about the above steps in detail.
3. Connect your Airmeet account to your Mailchimp Account
Step 1: Go to the community dashboard and click on the “Integrations” tab.
Step 2: Go to the “Apps” tab and under the Mailchimp option, click on the “Add“ button.
Step 3: login and authorize with your Mailchimp account to establish a trusted connection between both platforms.
4. Enable Integration for your Airmeet event and map to your audience & tag.
After connecting your Mailchimp account with the Airmeet community, you must enable the integration for your particular event.
Reference Article: How to create a Mailchimp Audience
Step 1: Go to your event dashboard and click on the “Settings” tab; select the "Integrations" section on the left-hand side.
Step 2: Look for the “Mailchimp” tab and toggle the button towards the right.
Select the audience list from your Mailchimp account you want to sync registrants.
Reference Article: How to create a Mailchimp Audience
- Audience tag
The tag will be added to all contacts registering for this event. The tag would be the name of the event by default.
- Add a direct access link.
Upload the attendee CSV in the Airmeet dashboard (Event Entry tab> Edit> Select "Only people who are invited can enter">Add attendees) to generate a unique link and then sync it with Mailchimp as a Direct access link.
Reference Article: How to add more attendees to the authorized attendee's list?
Add a new field to your audience with a direct link (unique link) saved and shared with attendees on a mailing list to join the event at ease.
Toggle the button towards the left to create a direct access link field in your audience.
You can find the direct access field by selecting the "Toggle column" section in the Mailchimp audience dashboard or can also select the fields from *|MERGE|* tags under the settings tab.
Reference Article: Use Merge Tags to Send Personalized Files
As an organizer, you can also download the list of all participants from Airmeet and send them the 'unique link' if requested.
Reference Article: Download registration details of participants for your event.
- Form fields
Map Airmeet registrant fields with Mailchimp Audience list fields to save related information.
Reference Article: How to Create a Contact Form on Mailchimp
Note: Name fields are mandatory, and you can’t add customize fields from the Airmeet side, whereas you can customize Mailchimp contact form fields.
Also, if you have removed the default fields from Airmeet, the same won't be visible, and you won't get the "+Add New Field" option.
Step 3: Click on the "Save" button to enable the integration and sync the registration data to the Mailchimp audience.
5. Points to Keep in Mind
- Before enabling this integration, participants registered for the Airmeet Event will not automatically be added to Mailchimp. Instead, you must export from Airmeet and upload those participants in Mailchimp.
- Sometimes MailChimp rejects an email id from untrusted domains and role-based emails, which can result in a mismatch in contacts added vs. registrations.
eg, Invalid/blocked domain - "....@yopmail.com" gets blocked/rejected by MailChimp.
- Airmeet sends an email to participants on registration and another email when the event is about to start. If you wish to use Mailchimp to send emails to your participants, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to disable participant emails on registration and event reminders.
1. Does the Airmeet and Mailchimp accounts need the same email ids?
Is there a way to trigger a registration email automatically via Mailchimp if someone has registered for the event?
No, the Airmeet and Mailchimp accounts need not have the same email ids; the integration will work even if the Airmeet and Mailchimp accounts are registered with different email IDs.
There is no way to trigger a registration email automatically via Mailchimp if someone has registered for the event.
2. Once the direct access link is enabled, will the event joining links be shared to Mailchimp when event entry types 'Anyone can join without login' & 'Anyone can join after login' Event Entry types are selected?
Once the event entry types 'Anyone can join without login' & 'Anyone can join after login' are selected and the Direct access link is enabled, the joining link or magic links will not be transferred to Mailchimp.
As only when event entry types 'Anyone can join via unique links' & 'Only invited participants can join' are selected will there be the Unique Magic links generated for every user. Only that unique link will be transferred.
3. How and when will the registrant details be transferred to Mailchimp for various Event Entry types selected?
For "Anyone can enter via their unique link," - The Registrant details will be transferred to Mailchimp as soon as you upload the .csv file with the Attendees list.
For "Only people who are invited can enter," - The Registrant details will be transferred to Mailchimp as soon as you upload the .csv file with the attendee's list.
For "Anyone can enter after sign in," - The Registrant details will be transferred to Mailchimp as soon as the Attendee registers for the event.
For "Anyone can enter without sign in," - The registrant details will not be transferred to Mailchimp when this event entry type is selected.